Wednesday, May 27, 2009

First Choreography

Throughout my sophomore year of college, I could really begin to see my voice as an artist coming through. I was finding out that I have important things to say and that my ideas are worth hearing. Finding that confidence to explore and create is just great. It makes me so excited. It was finally time to put some of my

 ideas out there, good or bad. I choreographed my first piece that was actually put onstage with lights, music, and costumes. I completed a project! I also choreographed with another dancer. Working with others is so valuable. I love it when ideas are bouncing around. It is great when different styles come together to collide or complement one another. “Shades of Grey”, and “Living Vacant” were the first dances I had ever put up for an audience to form an opinion about. I can’t wait to do it again. Here are some pictures from my piece “Shades of Grey”!











  



No comments:

Post a Comment