Thursday, May 28, 2009

Doug Varone

Spring break of 2009 was the hardest I have ever worked as a dancer. Doug Varone dancers came to WSU to set the piece “Of the Earth Far Below”. I went into this audition prepared and confident. I had no idea whether or not I would make it, but I just wanted to do the absolute best I could do. I was shocked when the cast list was called out and my name was there. It is so rewarding when hard work pays off. This piece was nearly 17 minutes of pure movement. The cast of eight learned the entire piece over two weeks. Knowing that I could do this has just made me hungrier as a dancer. I want this more than ever and I finally feel like I can have it.


People will always try to tell you that you have to do things even though you hate them. I have always been the one person that says “NO, you don’t have to do something you hate”. With hard work and complete dedication, you can be anything you want to be. Knowing that is a powerful thing and some people never get there.


No comments:

Post a Comment