In choreography class, we have had several assignments due, and even squeezed in a trip to the local art museum to gain some much need creative inspiration. I can't say that I left the art museum renewed and refreshed with brilliant ideas, but you never know what will come of a great trip like that.
Solos were due this week and that had me completely rattled. I changed ideas so many times before settling. I finally decided that it would be great exercise to re-structure a combination that I did over the summer. The music changed, the mood changed, and most of the movement morphed which is exactly what I was going for. The video is posted below. You will see many similarities to the original combination which I posted a while back to the song Free Fallin'.
The next big project on my list is a group piece and I have about 2 weeks to pull the whole thing together. I am auditioning that piece to go to the American College Dance Festival, to either be performed at the informal concert, or the formal concert where it will be judged and critiqued.
This is something I am really inspired to work on and I hope I can get it done in time! After I gain some more headway on that project, I hope to write an entire post on the inspiration for that idea. I feel like I have a lot to say about it. Until then, I have to keep creating!